Mailing address

Current address:
15/2/1 Atilla utca
Gyor 9023
Hungary

~Postage is 98 cents~

Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 15, 2010

Hey guys,
First off, here is my new address.

7400 Kaposvár
Városház u. 1/2/2
Hungary

Well I'm feeling a lot better now. I'm not sick at all. More just back to the good old tired.

The new city isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's more laid back as a ctiy. Not as many people and not big enough to have people always on the go, so things move a little slower here.

As for right now I'm with Elder Proctor. He's a pretty cool guy. He is from Southern California, I think not too far from San Bernadino, which is way cool.

But anyway, the branch here is pretty small and only has a handful of members. I had to translate for the senior couple that came to talk on Sunday. It was pretty hard to translate that kind of stuff, but I got it done. It's pretty cool to be able to translate some pretty serious stuff into a very hard language.

My comp and I get along pretty well. We're still getting to know each other and we're working pretty hard, but boy do transfers wipe me out. I get super tired everytime, especially when it's me that is moving. We have to carry everything that we own on and off trains and all over the place to try and get to where we want to go. We had to pack up everything, then when we get there we have to unpack it into a totally new place.

The cool part about being here now is that there are 4 elders here and so we can have a bit more fun with things and stuff. Elders Miller and Runnels are the other 2 that serve here. Runnels is a greenie, but on fire. They came in on a hard situation where they had to white wash as a greenie and trainer, that's not easy, but he talks to everyone, and I mean everyone. We were standing in a little group outside their building right before we were all going to go our seperate ways and then go home, there was this lady that got "too close" and so the new elder jumped out of the little group of the 4 of us and then started talking to this older guy. Then the guys stops him and says, "I'm sorry, I don't understand", grabs a random guy and says, "here tell your story to him, I don't understand." So then Elder Miller turns to us and says, "REFERRAL", lol. It was pretty funny.

I talked to the senior couple that are working in the office and they said that I tell president what the situation is for the end of my mission and then people will arrange the flight plans and stuff with you guys. I need to know if you are coming or not to let pres know whats up. I can e mail him today and let him know that if I want to take summer classes then I need to take the early transfer in order to get home in time to start them, reguardless if you guys come or not.

I sure miss my brothers. It kinda sucks to think that yes, I'll be home from my mission, but we won't be kids anymore. We won't have just school to worry about and think that homework is a pain in the butt. lol Sadly we are growing up, but I still miss them like crazy. Every time I have a dream of me walking off that plane I see Adam screaming my name like he does after a week-long camp, acting like I've been gone for much longer. (But in this case, that is how it is.) I see Jeremy kind of being ashamed of crying like I am, but we don't care then, I see Austin with that cute, big goofy smile on his face and all of them almost as tall as I am. Even here in the e mail place I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. It's going to be a crazy day. Holy Crap. I will have sooo much fun getting to do things with them again. To them it might just be what they have been doing the last two years, but for me it will be like "OHHHH remember when we used to do this or this?" It will be soo much fun.

Well I hope that you guys don't eat all of my food (you're sending me) because I'd like to actually get some of it. And I hope that you guys have a wonderful week.
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.
Love Josh.

About Kaposvár:

Coordinates: 46°21′50″N 17°46′56″E / 46.36383°N 17.78225°E / 46.36383; 17.78225
County Somogy
Area
- Total 113.59 km2 (43.9 sq mi)
Population (2005)
- Total 67,954
- Density 598.23/km2 (1,549.4/sq mi)
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
- Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 7400
Area code(s) 82

From Wikipedia, some history of Kaposvár:
According to legend, the city was founded on seven hills (like Rome). The area had already been inhabited by 5000 BCE. From around 400 BCE, Celtic tribes inhabited the area.

The city was identified as "Kapos" in the founding document of the Episcopate of Pécs in 1009. The rectangular motte castle was reconstructed as a stone castle in the 15th century. The castle was destroyed in 1702 at the order of Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor.

The Ottomans occupied the city after a five-day siege in 1555, and stayed for 131 years. The city and area were freed from Ottoman rule in 1686.

In 1749 Kaposvár was designated the county seat. During the 1800s the city developed considerably, due to the importance of the railway line between Budapest and Zagreb. Kaposvár became an important industrial city.

In the early 20th century, the city became the center of an artists' colony associated with the rise of the modernist movement in Hungarian art.[1] In 1950 the city annexed the village of Kaposszentjakab; this was followed by annexations in 1973 by Kaposfüred, Toponár and Töröcske.

In 1990 Kaposvár, as a city above 50,000 inhabitants, was elevated to the rank of city with county rights. Since 1993 it has been an episcopal seat of the Roman Catholic Church. The University of Kaposvár was founded on 1 January 2000.


aerial view of Kaposvar from Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment