Mailing address

Current address:
15/2/1 Atilla utca
Gyor 9023
Hungary

~Postage is 98 cents~

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010

Well as a mission this week it was a goal to have each companionship get 30 finding and teaching hours. So my comp and I made goals to make sure that we work hard and get things done. Never on my mission have I had to go tracting for 5 hours straight and especially as the senior comp, but seeing it was concecration week and we needed to get some people to find and had nothind else to do, we did it. We didn't get much out of it, just a few maybes, but we will see. We only got 28 hours but that's better than the 20 or so from the previous week and the 25 the week before. So improvement in any form is really good. I feel really comfortable in the lingo too. I love when I just naturally understand a lot of what people are saying without really even trying. I can just listen like I would in English, just let it in and then respond without much thought. I still have much room for improvement, but I know being the senior comp now, I run the programs a lot more than before. I am glad that Elder Johnson isn't afraid to speak though. One thing that really held me back is that I used to be one of those people that wouldn't do something unless was sure it was going to work. It held me back with lots of things when I was at home, but I know that now I am getting better at making good decisions as they come. Not really just winging things, but not being afraid to just get out and do. So when I started just saying things whether is was right or not, I really saw lots of improvement. I know that with the time that I have left I will get to have many chances to grow. This week has really shown me that it's not much harder to just get out and do the work than to wonder how it can be better. It's all my choice and I think that I have really learned to apply that this week. It's my choice to do what I want and be what I want. Not just what work field do I want to go into, but more like it's my choice to be happy and sad. Yes some things effect it for bad or good, but I have been a little better by just getting out there and trying. It's a lot better to sit at the end of the week saying that I tried instead of 'well that week sucked'. lol
So things are going better. I have you guys. Things will be wonderful when I get home, but I am in one of those moods right now where I am just glad I have made the right choices to come and because of it I am happier. I never would have gotten to meet anyone in this amazing branch or anything, and I know I wouldnt have been able to grow to what I am now. It's hard for me to explain the differences, but I am sure that you guys will see them when I get home.

I really hope that dad can come get me. I think that it would be great to have both of you come, but if nothing else at least dad. I think that I will serve in Pest next, only cause I have hinted to the APs, one of which was my last and one of my favorite comps. lol but well see. I go where they need me. It's how it works. I want you guys to come so that I can introduce you to this ward and so that you can see me talking with the people in their language. You have never seen me talk to a Hungarian and so I think that it would be cool to have you guys see that when you come out. Then we will get to visit some more family that I would never have met otherwise....maybe. But you know. It's always fun to have Kolja come over and show some pics to me of dad when he was on his mission, and then when he met Kolja when he was a little 8 year old boy with dad around my age, and also with Raimund too.

Well as for tomorrow I finally get to see Elder Mason after like transfers. I have wanted to see that guy for a long time. He is one of my best friends out here. I am so glad that I got to meet so many amazing friends out here. Missionaries or members here in Hungary. He told me that if you guys come get me, he wants to come too. lol. IDK it would be fun. We have the ZC tomorrow that I told you about. All I really know is that it's going to be a long fun day. ZC is usually from about 10-4 but because of the field trip its going to be from 9-6 and that doesn't include travel to and from Budapest. We are going to have some of the trainings in the morning and then around noon we will get going to have a bus tour around Budapest and then go visit some famous little villages near the big city. So I'll take lots of pics and see if there is anything cool to buy.

I will tell you guys more next week about what the ZC is like and all.
I hope that you have a cool week.
Well I love you guys and miss you a lot.
Have a wonderful week.
Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment