Mailing address

Current address:
15/2/1 Atilla utca
Gyor 9023
Hungary

~Postage is 98 cents~

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 24, 2011

There was so much craziness this week. I don't even know how to put it into any sort of order.
BUT.......it's a good thing that I put a sticky note on my Monday area in my planner so that I could remember what I wanted to talk about with you guys.

You know how we always hear about how some people hate Americans and seeing as a lot of missionaries are from America, there are those people that freak out at them? Well we had the pleasure of meeting one of those guys. My comp does his approach and then the guy says,

" I don't understand. I am Hungarian, speak Hungarian to me.(angrily)"

So I step in and say, we were speaking Hungarian.

So what do you want then?

Well we are here to share a message.

Wait, where are you from?

America.

AH you guys are pieces of *@%!. Get out of here. I hate America.

Why?

Because you are all stupid and ruin everything. You are all crap. blah blah

Uh, ya right, bye.

Another thing that was way cool is that there is a gyros bar here and the two guys that work there just love us. One invited us to dinner and as he was making the food, he was playing Queen. It was soo fun to sing to Bohemian Rhapsody. Every time I hear bohemian rhapsody I always think of Wayne's world. I love to sing in my car, but this is one of the must do's with a group of friends. Ah it's sooo fun. IDK why.

The other night the streets were dead so we went off into the hills to place some flyers over at the family houses up there and so the main streets are pretty lit up, but it was a cold foggy night and the moonlight was kinda blue-ish. There was a part though where to get from one side of houses to another, there was a little patch of trees in between, and there was a dirt road leading through it. It was about as wide as one small car and there were no lights. It was foggy and moist, the dirt was kinda muddy and there was a slight wind as well. As we were walking on the small dirt road to the other part of development, it made me think of the blue foggy tint that is in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. When they are in the final event and are going through the maze. Tall dark trees right by your side and the slight blue hint of the foggy moonlight. It was pretty cool.

That was pretty much it as for anything exciting this week. I did however get to see Mark up in Budapest when we were up there for interviews.

One other funny thing is that there is this cute little 2 year old girl in the branch here. She was messing with the door and I was like "Ki csinálta azt?" (who did that)
And she is still learning to talk, but looked up at me and pointed and said "Te!" (You)
I laughed sooo hard. And the other missionaries and her mom did too. Little kids can be really funny sometimes.

Well I hope you guys have a great week,
Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment