Mailing address

Current address:
15/2/1 Atilla utca
Gyor 9023
Hungary

~Postage is 98 cents~

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 21

I think I have seen Elder Johnson's picture up in the mission home. As soon as a person gets their call their picture is put up and when they are coming to the country and stuff.

Ya it was really awesome to meet Kolja. His wife did tell me about her sister being married to Kevin's older brother. LOL. She is a really nice lady as well.
Their kids are definitely Hosches. Tristen, the older one knows German and Spanish but I couldn't talk with him. I got to say hi and things like that from what I could remember in German, but it is not very much. Every time I think of how to say something in a different language, the first thing that comes to my mind is always Hungarian so my German is basically gone. To be honest, I really never had it. Just liked to know a little bit of another language that is in my blood.

Well this week was really full.
I was in Pápa on monday and then I went on splits {splits are when a missionary pair break up and each go with a different companion for an appointment or short time} to Tatabánya that night, spent Tuesday there and then spent my last day in Pápa before Zone Conference on Thursday over in Budapest where we had Elder Caussé from France come speak to us. He is really an amazing guy. Way helpful with the way we can improve the work here. He is a member of the area presidency and said that this mission is one of the most improving missions in the area. That was really good to hear, especially with how hard you have to work and as one person you only really get to see the work around your area in the field but he sees all of it. So it was really awesome to have that experience with another member of the Seventy {general church area authorities}. The other member of the Seventy that is also in the area presidency is Elder Erich Kapischke (think I spelled that right) and he came a little bit before Christmas and helped us a lot as well. Then that night I went back to Győr and am way happy to be back. It feels like I never left and so the rest of the transfer will be really quick and then I only have like 6 or 7 left. They fly by quick.

Then on Friday President Baughman and his wife, along with Elder Caussé, came to Győr to have a meeting with the district president and the relief society district president. President wanted us to be there since we have a perfect baptismal calendar and progress record to be the examples during part of the presentation, so Elder Houstman and I basically got a private training with a member of the Seventy. It was really well focused on the fact that sometimes people worry too much about the meetings or numbers that they forget to help the people and that the people are what are important in this work.

Then on Saturday I was in Tatabánya again because Houstman was baptizing a lady whose husband was baptized and went to the temple and loved it like crazy. She went with him, but obviously never went inside, but she still loved the feeling she had. He had a private bus take everyone to a little villiage called Dunaalmás and there the lady Róz, or in English Rose, was baptized in the Duna or Danube to you guys. She loved it and then after the service we went to a close by friend's ranch and had a big lunch and everything where they put on dances and just had a good time talking with members and getting to know more members in Hungary that I havent been able to serve around yet. They are so nice over there. They only have a rented out old bakery as their branch house, but it's still pretty sweet.

Then that night as you know I met with Kolja. He is way nice. I wish that I had more time with him. He told me cool stories of Opa and how he would look out his window when he was around 8 and because of the war and Michelstadt is basically in a valley, and the war being around them, Opa could see the shells flying over head and then when a plane crashed near by, he and a few friends went to it and found one of the grenades and they took it home. Lol he said Opa just put on the table like "look what I found". Then his dad took it to the dismantling place and got it taken care of. He also cleared up my understanding of how the family line works. Things like who is the brother, son, father, mother, daughter and what not of who. So I understand a little bit better. Its a lot to explain, but I know that he is Raimund's son and Raimund is Heinz's nephew. Heinz, Opa, is dad's dad and my g pa and so we are 2nd cousins and it's just a crazy thing to hear about Heinz's great g pa and how there were 2 brothers and one left and moved to america. And there are books, all in German, about the stories of how things were back then all written by our older family.

Then we had church then next day as usual. I got caught up on being back in the city and now it's a new week to get out and work. The mission is doing a mission-wide consecration week and so we are going to really work harder than before to make this week a special one.

Other than that I suck at typing when it comes to grammar and where commas should be and everything but I dont really care right now. Just wanna get the information to you lol
Love you guys and hope that you guys have fun at your camps, with family, and getting things done.
Until next week love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment