Mailing address

Current address:
15/2/1 Atilla utca
Gyor 9023
Hungary

~Postage is 98 cents~

Monday, February 1, 2010

Emails from the last few weeks and today:

From the last week or so:

I miss the club (Lifetime Fitness) and stuff like that. I miss a lot but that's not really the problem out here. I just don't really understand why I can't really understand very much out here. I'm doing ok I can understand only the basics and want to be able to know what's going on. I hate the feeling of not being in control of situations. I'm just ready sometimes to get this over with. I'm really going to work on liking a lot more this week so that the rest will be fun.


with Elder Pickerd


Well I'll be 20 on Sunday (January 31). What did you get me? JK, I've got enough. It's just emotionally tough for me out here, the work isn't really work for me, just busy stuff. The hard part is the lingo.

Well with the car thing. Because my new comp isn't familiar with the area and it's like 25 degrees and snow, he's from Texas and doesn't know snow {should we point out to Josh that he hasn't driven in snow, either, being from Arizona??}, he already nailed the curb. So after I changed the tire in the snow I was like, thanks dad for "making" me help you fix the car. Now I am glad that I knew how cause he didn't. (totally unsarcastic.) But my comp is like 6' 6" or 6' 7" so I'm the smaller comp and he's really nice. It was another case where we went on splits and then we got calls to serve together. Wierd huh? I wonder who I will split with now after splits this transfer.

I have never heard of a tornado in AZ was it bad or just looked like one was forming? did it cause damage to anything?



February 2, 2010

Right now it is about -10 and snowing like crazy. Well this week we get to go to Kaposvár on Tuesday and then Thursday we will be in Budapest for zone conference. Then we might be in Szolnók on Saturday if we get permission to go for a baptism. Then 2 weeks after that I will get to go to Pécs for splits and then on the 13th I will go back to Komló to perform a baptism and so I get to travel alot from city to city, it messes with the work here in our city so we have to work extra hard to keep up with the stuff. But I have noticed today that when I am happy I can understand a lot more as well as not really worry about anything, so I just need to decide to be happy and all will be fine.
(Look for the cities mentioned above marked with blue arrows-Komló is near Pécs so he'll travel there twice from Dunaujvaros)


That's a funny dream. I havent had a dream in a while that I rememeber. Even that one that I have had several times I can't remember much of it but I do remember that it is wierd. {I'd told Josh that I had a dream his mission President called and asked us to pick him up. He wasn't in Hungary because we could drive to wherever he was, but when we got there he was only 10 years old and didn't have missionary things with him but toys...so the mission President couldn't understand why we'd send a little boy on a mission. I guess it's a mom's way of thinking that it's not possible her young boy is already old enough to be out there!}

I hope that I will be ZL (Zone Leader) during a warmer time though. I'm just not used to being in the car with someone who can't drive very well and admits it. But I love Elder Pickerd otherwise. He is one of the nicest people you would ever meet, he asks me how I'm doing, how my day was, if he can do anything to help, and says goodnight every night.

But as for letters I did get some. I got one from Casey right before he left the MTC and two from you guys. The "throne" one that says I'm the king for the day. Also the one with the guitar certificate in it. It was sweet to see that, I'm anxious (don't worry, not too trunky) but to get one.

And sweet on the contacts. Thanks so much for taking care of things at home.
Love you guys,

Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment